October 5, 2009

Hawaii 2009


Lucky for us, this year's ADA (American Dental Association) conference was in Waikiki, Hi. We just got back from 7 days in absolute paradise....even with an almost 18 month old!!! We stayed at the Waikiki Beach Tower condos right on the beach. Tommy and his dad spent most mornings at the conference, while Tommy's mom, Brady and I got to do a lot of fun activities. We enjoyed food from all the fabulous restaurants in Waikiki all week!! I will let the pictures do the telling:)

This is the walkway from our hotel to the beach.


Waikiki Cove.


Tommy and I soaking up a little sun while the little man slept.


Love it here.


Sunset from our balcony.


Brady's good morning smile:)


Changing Brady's diaper. Hawaiian style.


He had a blast in the warm water!!


Just hanging out enjoying the view:)


This area that was blocked off was just perfect for Brady. It was like our own little kid pool!





Brady thought the shovel was a spoon. So he used it to eat the sand. lovely.


A Brady sized dog was on the beach. He was chasing him.


Probably one of my all time favorite pictures.


Loved the Koi fish.


Lunch at Cheeseburger in Paradise.


My mother in law, Julie, and I got to enjoy an afternoon out. We went on the Atlantis submarine tour. Here we are on the boat out to get on the submarine.


And here is the submarine coming up from the water.


Here are some fish. Sorry the pictures didn't really turn out because we were 110 feet under water.





Dinner at Chucks Steakhouse on the water. Brady enjoying a little steak:)












While Tommy and his dad were at the convention one morning, Brady, Julie, and I got to go to the Zoo. I was actually very impressed with the zoo.


Brady LOVED the monkeys. He was imitating them all day.





I thought this was a cool picture. The gazelle was just standing still for several minutes.


Giraffes, Zibras, and Rhinos. Brady thought the zebras were horses. Say he was saying "Neigh" to them:)


"Brady, what does an elephant say?" He then puts his hand up, as it is in the picture, and says "OOOOOOOOO".





They had a great playground at the zoo. He was able to get a ton of energy out.





Of course, he just had to chase the birds.





Tommy bodysurfing.


:)


We tried several times to get a decent picture of Brady and I . This was the best one.


ADA Night Under the Stars. It was basically a luau without the food.


Our last night, Tommy and I got to go out to dinner just the two of us. We went to a local place called The Shack. After dinner we got a fantastic snow cone. And then just enjoyed walking around.


This is the morning we were leaving. Brady loves Bananas. He must have had 3 bananas. It that healthy?:) We just love our little monkey.


Hawaii was a complete success. We had a blast! Can't wait to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment