SO, since we have remained such good friends, Tommy and I were invited to her wedding. She married a fabulous guy and we are so happy for them.
I knew it would be a nice wedding, considering Elizabeth has the best taste in pretty much everything, but I must say this was one of the nicest weddings I have ever been to. The wedding was in Calistoga at an INCREDIBLE resort called Calistoga Ranch. Apparently, it is a resort that is frequently visited by celebrities. And to stay the night at there, the room rates started at 1,300 A NIGHT and went up to 3,600 A NIGHT!!! So crazy that people pay that!!
The ceremony was outside on a beautiful grass area by a pond under the oak trees. Sloane was a flower girl, and so grown up!!! I can't believe she is already 3!! I really enjoyed getting to see her. After the ceremony, there were coctails and appetizers on the grass area where the wedding was. The food was probably the best food I have ever had. Elizabeth has an amazing taste in food, so the ahi tuna with lemon soy sauce, herbed goat cheese with red onion jelly, fit her taste exactly. The reception was in a wine cave, just up the way from where the ceremony was. The wine cave was seriously amazing. Very tastefully decorated with yellows and oranges, and flowers that I honestly have never seen before. Such an amazing atmosphere!!! We sat by most of Dan's family and enjoyed great conversation over the best filet mignon I have ever had!!
We had such a GREAT evening kid-less (thanks to Tommy's dad) and experiencing a place we will probably never get to go to again. At the end of the night, several people asked us if we were staying at the resort, and we just had to smile at each other and playfully laugh that our drive home was only an hour. $1,300 a night? No way!!!
Congratulations Elizabeth and Dan!

Sloane is on the left. So cute!

Sloanie.

Elizabeth and her dad.

Entering the beautiful wine cave. So awesome!

Inside the wine cave.


Unique and beautiful flowers

Tommy and I enjoying our first "official" date night.
WHAT! Thats Sloane?! She is so big, so adorable. That is what I would picture her to look like at 3 yrs...cute little haircut. She looks a lot like Elizabeth. Elizabeth looked really pretty, her style was so pretty for a Summer wedding. Notice the lavender along the edges-ahh I bet it smelt amazing. Ok glad you enjoyed your date night...back to loving NAUGHTY!
ReplyDelete