Well, we have enjoyed being outside a lot lately! We're usually at the splash park, pool with friends, or running through the sprinklers at our house. We've been busy celebrating friends birthdays, trying new restaurants, and just this past weekend Tommy and I celebrated our 6th anniversary a little early. We decided that from here on out, our weekends are jam packed. So, this is literally the only weekend we had open for the next couple months! Crazy!!!!! So, thanks to our good friends, Kelly and Brian for watching the kiddos, we had the best day together!!! First, we went to lunch at a restaurant called Hula Hut, which is on Lake Austin. So good!!!! From there, we literally walked 20 feet to the dock where we had a jet ski waiting for us! We had 2 hours to spend jet skiing on the lake. If you've never seen Lake Austin, it's not a typical lake. It's more like a giant river. There are a lot of celebrities who have homes on the Lake, which we got to see. All the homes on the lake are so beautiful. We had so much fun!!!!! Then, from there, we went to Mozart's, which is right next to Hula Hut, and had iced coffee and chocolate chip cookies:) Then, we drove to town lake which is the river that pretty much runs right through downtown Austin, and we went stand up paddle boarding! I have wanted to do that since we moved here! It was so much fun and definitely A LOT harder then it looks! But we had a blast and got a pretty good workout:) After an hour and a half on the river, we drove to the Whole Foods downtown. Whole Food's headquarters are in Austin, so it is a pretty amazing Whole Foods!!! Tommy had never been, so I had fun showing him around:) It has little restaurant bars through out...pretty much it's like any other Whole foods, but on steroids:) After a fun long while there, we had dinner reservations at a place I have been trying to get into for months now. It's called Uchi. And it is beyond good. Probably one of the best meals I have ever had. It is japanese/sushi restaurant. Supposedly, the chefs are on Top Chef? Or some show like that? All I know is that they book out weeks in advance for reservations. So, I figured it must live up to all they hype. And it sure did.
We had the best day and are thankful to have had such a great day to celebrate 6 great years!!!!
 |
| My kids love the little rides at the mall :) |
 |
| Of course, at the splash park! |
 |
| Love them. |
 |
| Had brunch at a super yummy place called, Chez Zee |
 |
| Celebrated a sweet baby girl's first birthday!!! |
 |
| Gunnar and Kin |
 |
| Fun nights at the pool with such sweet friends!!!! |
 |
And these two are always keeping me on my toes...
|
 |
| Yummy Yummy Hula Hut |
 |
| Lake Austin and our jet ski |
 |
| So fun |
 |
| Ah Mozart's. |
 |
| The water was so so warm, which made it so fun |
 |
| Actually stand up paddle boarding! So much fun!!! |
 |
| Now, this picture doesn't do the Whole Foods justice, but here it is! |
 |
| On the Patio at Uchi!! |
 |
| I enjoyed getting texts from Kelly to update us on how the kids were doing!! |
 |
| Delicious food at Uchi! Here is the tuna, goat cheese, and fuji apple drizzled with pumpkin oil!!! |
 |
| Well, I LOVE brussel sprouts. Weird I know. But Tommy doesn't like them. BUT, he ate more of these brussel sprouts then I did!!! So, we ordered more:) |
 |
| Delicious sushi |
 |
| More delicious sushi |
 |
| All I know is this was SO GOOD |
 |
| mmmmmm |
 |
| And since we were celebrating our anniversary they brought us this dessert....again not 100%sure what it was, but it was SO good:) Oh Austin, I will miss all your yummy food!!!!!!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment