So, we've never really "celebrated" our anniversary in a "big" way. We've always just gone out to dinner.We have decided to do something "big"every 5 years. So, this year, we really wanted to go somewhere...Hawaii? Palm Springs? Then we decided it would be to much to be gone for very long, ie. have someone watch our kids for that long. So we decided to go somewhere close. And we chose to go to this indescribable-unreal-unbelievable place in Calistoga called Solage. My explaining won't even do this place justice. So we took some not so great pictures on our iphone to document our couple days there. And they won't do it justice either. Bottom line: It surpassed our expectations big time. And it wasn't bad being called Mrs. Barrington by the staff all weekend either ;)
*Disclaimer: Many of these pictures will be of food. I had to take pictures of each meal we had because the food was absolutely to die for. Seriously so yummy. And I wanted to remember each meal :)*
Everything here was so simple yet modern and classy. I loved all the little details.

Each cottage had two beach cruisers. How cute is that? Seriously?
The cottages were SO SO SO cute. And oh so relaxing.

A little patio. And a big oak tree.

Heavenly


Kinda weird to be obsessed with the bottom of a shower, I know. But it was seriously amazing. It felt like you were getting a foot massage.

Anniversary dinner started with DELICIOUS oysters. I am a fan. Tommy isn't. It was a fun treat.

My lemon coconut soup. Delicious. And healthy. Which is why I love this place. Their food was so so so good and healthy. Hard to find restaurants where this is true.

Half the time we weren't quite sure what we were eating but it all tasted amazing:)

Tommy's halibut tacos. Yum

My diver scallops. and not sure what else :) but delicious.

Happy 5 years!!!

We got to enjoy some fun pool time. And what a treat. The minute you open the pool gate some one is following you to your seats with lemon cucumber water. And I am slightly obsessed with lemon cucumber water.

As well as sparkling wine grape juice.

I forgot what it's like to swim in a pool and not having to worry about watching my kid jump off the side. Such a great pool. Warm, salt water and quiet.:)
We got to ride our bikes into downtown Calistoga and get ice cream. Such a fun night.
And when we got back to our room they had our room ready with mint water. It's the little things.

And breakfast the next morning was again, so good. I had an egg white omelet with goat cheese and spinach. Tommy had traditional eggs and bacon and hash browns:)

This was SUCH a fun surprise! Solage gives it's guests the opportunity to drive a mercedes convertible for FREE! So we took it out for a joy ride:) Hubby was is in his happy place.


We made a stop at Ferrari Carano winery. It was breath taking. So beautiful.


We had a fun lunch before our spa treatments. I love how the menu had our anni. date.

Tommy had the recommended Ahi tuna burger. It was great

I had the shrimp lettuce wrap. And see that sauce? It was SO GOOD.


I am in love with this spa.
Entrance to the bath house.
How cute is this? It looks like a bar, but it's called their mud bar. They mix oils of your choice with their mud. The whole experience was unreal.
there's my sales pitch:) it was such a great couple days. i am so blessed to be married to such an awesome guy. he's the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment