December 8, 2009

Florida for Thanksgiving


I think I could get used to going somewhere tropical every month! We just got home from being in Florida for 10 days!! And had a blast! Beth, who is Tommy's sister, her husband Rob, and their girls Violet and Elaina live in West Palm Beach, Fl. It is so beautiful there. 80* almost everyday, not to humid, and 79* ocean water. We were in a happy place. We got to do so many fun things, the main one was getting to go to Walt Disney World in Orlando. So. So. Much. Fun.



With a 2 hour layover in Dallas, we got to have dinner with Tommy's brother, John, and 2 of his 3 kids, Cassidy and Brock.


Fun times with cousins, Violet and Elaina.





Tommy and Rob drove to Gainesville for the Florida vs. Florida St. football game. It was Tim Tebow's last home game. And Tommy is a fan of Tim Tebow. A big fan. Could be his biggest.





Breakfast after church at Cracker Barrel. So yummy!





Beach day. 80* weather. 79* water.








Park time.


Brady loves his cousin, Elaina. They are about a year and 3 months apart.


We got to see the place where injured or sick turtles are taken to be cared for. Brady loved seeing them swim around.





Fascinated.


Lunch time for the turtles.


Disney Day! On the ferry to get to the Magical Kingdom.


Entering the park. It was beautiful. All decorated for Christmas.





Trying to decide what to do. So many options.


And to our surprise, Kris Allen was performing for the Christmas Day Parade, which was being taped the day we went. I was a big fan of his all through American Idol this past year.


Kris.


I was excited. Ok, very excited. Ok, ok, so, so, excited. Can you tell?


Brady's first Disney ride ever! The Aladdin Magic Carpet ride.


Brady's first encounter with Disney characters. He loved them.





On the ride, It's a small world. I have never seen Brady sit so still. Ever.


Parade.


Snuggle, or nuggle as Brady would say, with Auntie Beth.


The castle lit up right before we left. So neat.


Our last day in Orlando was a rainy day. So we decided to go to an indoor children's museum.


Where Brady could be a fire chief.


A grocery shopper.


A pilot.


A water splasher.


A slide rider.


A ball shooter.


And a jeep rider.

Such. A. Fun. Trip.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Janay...what fun! B is so big, I can't even take it :) You guys look great! What a wonderful thanksgiving :) Have a Merry Christmas if I don't chat with you before :)

    ReplyDelete